Thursday, January 6, 2011

So Thoughtful

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
~ Edith Wharton ~

I'm delighted to receive this award from the very sweet and kind Lovestitch.  She is so talented as I'm sure many of you know... she's always out there spreading enthusiasm and offering kind words of support throughout Blogland.  Thank you, LS.

We blog for many different personal reasons and for me, recognition is not one of them!  But in keeping with the spirit of this award, I guess I must list 7 things about me (uggghh).

1.  I was born and raised in southern California and my heritage is Filipino.
2.  I don't watch much television, but when I do it's to catch Modern Family.
3.  I love the game of baseball.
4.  My pet peeve is when people talk on their mobile phones while driving.
5.  My favorite actress is Bette Davis.
6.  I sang Karaoke for the first time ever at my company's recent Xmas party.  With my dear hubby, Sonny & Cher's "I've Got You Babe."  And I didn't even have any alcohol.
7.  I'm uncomfortable being the center of attention!

I'd like to pass this along to so many - some of whom I see have already recently received this - but today it will be...


She's amazing with a sewing machine and crochet hook.

Keep spreading that wonderful creative light you all have :-)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Josie that is so beautiful of you, I am deeply touched by your award and all of your lovely support... May you be showered in love & light for eternity!!!

    xxxHeidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie, what a nice surprise for you on your blog!
    Gail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josie, what a lovely table and goodies to eat. My kids are part Filipino/Chinese from their dad and Anglo (white) me! I love the Filipino culture. Thanks for stopping by to say hello and Happy New Year to you my friend, and may you and your family be healthy and prosperous! Hugs, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comments and good wishes, Josie.

    I shall be standing cheering you on from the side lines as you catch up with me (age-wise I mean)

    Cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I was very grateful to have been able to know my grandmother at all. Congratulations on your award too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have received an award! I do believe "CONGRATULATIONS" are in order, and what a nice surprise for the start of your new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hon, had I known you were coming I would have baked a cake too, lol. I was out and about checking blogs and came back to see you stopped by. I should contact that guy who does that "Dirty Jobs" program and have him come and give me a break, ha, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. I do enjoy your thoughts!