Monday, May 30, 2011

Remembrance...and Ripples

To those who served and died for our country, I send gratitude for their duty on this Memorial Day.  My father served during WW II and my husband's father served in Korea and two tours in Vietnam.  They've physically left us, but never will our family forget.

A couple weeks ago I began a new project - my first ripple blanket.  It has been on my wish list forever and I got a mean bug to just do it!


My selected colors from Lion Brand in my favorite basket.

 

Had to get that requisite photo of the stash before starting!


After looking at a few ripple patterns, I went with Lucy's because in the end I just liked it and it's easy.  I'm about 20 rows in and completely love the feel of it.  This one's going to be all mine :-)

We face a busy week of ceremonious activities for end-of-the-school-year, yippee!  Oh, and I started a knitting/crochet club, double-yippee!

Until next time, have a good first week of June.  The countdown to Summer begins :-)

5 comments:

  1. The blanket looks lovely and soft. Which wool are you using? We are on half-term at the minute then its 7 more weeks till summer break! AAArggggghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lurvely colours you've chosen for the ripple. Isn't it lovely to do something special for yourself. You enjoy it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn looks lovely and soft and I love your choice of colours. I wish I could find a knitting/crochet club in my area, there doesn't seem to be one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Josie, what pretty colors, it's gonna be beautiful! End of school years are always so busy, I remember well. Wished we lived closer so we could both attend your new k/c club! Did you find it on Ravelry? Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely ripple. That kind of pattern is just one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. I do enjoy your thoughts!