Sunday, October 24, 2010

Comfort

This was one of those lazy comfy weekends spent in the kitchen.  And nothing says comfort food more than Mac 'n Cheese.  Here's my easy-peasy recipe:

Easy Mac 'n Cheese
1 pkg macaroni, cooked and drained
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 stick of butter
Shredded cheese of your choice

While your macaroni is draining in the colander, heat the tomato sauce and butter in the same pot you boiled the pasta.  Once the butter is melted, turn off the heat.  Add the mac and toss to coat.  Add the shredded cheese, saving some to sprinkle on top.  Toss again.  Pour into a 13 x 9 baking dish sprayed with Pam or your favorite cooking spray.  Sprinkle cheese on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.  The cheese should be nice and toasted at this point.



Bon appetit!


1 comment:

  1. I love Macaroni and Cheese. Mine is my Mother's recipe and very easy. One heaping cup of macaroni - boil 8 minutes. Drain macaroni and shred one pound of sharp cheddar cheese. I use my Mother's vintage dish probably holds a quart. Cover just the bottom of dish (sprayed with PAM) with milk, add three layers of cooked macaroni and shredded cheese - salt and pepper each layer. Bake in a 350 degree oven for an hour or until a nice crust forms. Makes enough for my hubby and myself for one meal. That's it.. no more ingredients. Yours looks very similar to mine. We love the crusted top too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. I do enjoy your thoughts!