Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crocheted Flowers

There are soooooo many ways to crochet flowers :: infinite combinations of stitches, infinite possibilities!  Here's one that I focused on for a few hours...

A pile of pink and blue daisies

I'm not sure what their purpose is yet...
 
Maybe...
 
this scarf...

plus these...
 
hmmm...

The flower pattern is from a book titled, Crochet Edgings & Trims, edited by Kate Haxell.  Stitches used are:
ch = chain
sl st = slip stitch
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
hdc = half double crochet

Pattern

Base ring:  8 ch, join with sl st (I used 4 ch because I wanted a smaller, tighter center ring)

1st round:  3ch (count as 1 dc), 1 dc into ring; [6ch, 3dc into ring] 5 times, 6 ch, 1 dc into ring, sl st to top of tch.

2nd round:  *1ch, (1sc 1hdc, 7dc, 1hdc, 1sc) into next 6ch-sp, 1ch, skip 1 dc, 1 sl st into next dc; rep from * 5 more times placing last sl st into top of tch of previous round.

Fasten off.

Let me know how you get along or if I can help.  Have fun with flowers :-)

7 comments:

  1. This is just lovely! Sweet pastel colors. Thanks for visiting me Josie and the sweet comments. I've become a follower of your blog (although I have to trim down as I got a message last week from Blogger that I had reached the limit for following favorite blogs (...300!). I was shocked I didn't realize I followed that many. If you haven't already join Ravelry - a knitting and crochet on line community you should. It's a free site and great for getting patterns, inspirations and tracking your projects. Also I love Frickr too...you should see my "favorite" photos there! Have a lovely day and I'm so glad to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks for visiting my blog. I love those little flowers I have been making flowers all weekend to turn into corsages for the xmas fair, looking forward to giving your pattern a go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are simply gorgeous - i must must must learn how to do a do a half double crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Josie...lovely blog. I love these flowers! They are so unusual. I'm definately going to have a go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the flowers and the scarf are a great combo.

    I love crocheted flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really love those daisies. Love the colors too. So soft ^_^.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. I do enjoy your thoughts!